SEO Expert, What is it?
— SEO — 2 min read
SEO is already a big thing, but what do you know about technical SEO?
In one sentence, an SEO expert is someone who knows how to write SEO content, but also how to do technical SEO.
A Technical SEO expert is someone who knows how search engines work -- or at least try to find it as close as possible.
Learn more about technical SEO here
A content SEO expert is someone who knows how to write content SEO content. They can write content for Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search engines. This is a must have skill, because it will help you to write better content, and to make your website more SEO friendly.
A distribution SEO expert is someone able to distribute your content to the right people. Like you product(s) -- if you think about the Marketing 4P -- this person will be able to distribute your content to the web (webmasters, journalists, etc.)
SEO Expert in my eyes
For me an SEO expert consist in understanding SEO in every part of it ... meaning understanding how to optimize content, how to optimize technically a website and how you must work on acquiring backlinks also. 3 big part that you should now - at least - and also, you can add the data part (data analysis) since a few years you cannot be a SEO expert, if you do not have an expertise in data: understanding it, knowing from where you can gather it, which data you can trust ... and mostly what decision you will take to go further in your SEO strategy thanks to data.
Let's summarize what is an SEO Expert
If you want to summarize it, there is 3 points:
- Tech SEO: indexation, site structure, interlinking ; how to have a better crawl from Search Engine Bots
- Content SEO: keyword research and how to write good content (content that drive traffic which will convert)
- Backlinks distribution: could be related to PR and also how to gain notoriety.
How Moz.com thinks about SEO
Moz.com on its part will summarize it in 7 points:
- Crawl accessibility so engines can read your website
- Compelling content that answers the searcher’s query
- Keyword optimized to attract searchers & engines
- Great user experience including a fast load speed and compelling UX
- Share-worthy content that earns links, citations, and amplification
- Title, URL, & description to draw high CTR in the rankings
- Snippet/schema markup to stand out in SERPs