SEO is already a big thing, but what do you know about technical SEO?
In one sentence, an SEO expert is someone who knows how to write SEO content, but also how to do technical SEO. In other words: An SEO expert is someone who knows how to improve the visibility of a website in search engine results pages (SERPs)
The SEO expert doesn't have to know how to do everything in terms of SEO, but his SEO expert status will help him understand everything and adapt & apply the strategy.
So what is the purpose of an SEO Expert? The purpose of being an SEO expert is to help website owners (you?) and businesses (your business maybe?) improve their online visibility and especially their organic search traffic -- as opposed to paid search traffic.
A Technical SEO expert is someone who knows how search engines work -- or at least try to find it as close as possible.
Learn more about technical SEO here
Technical SEO experts have a deep understanding of how search engines work and how to optimize websites for better search engine ranking. They can help website owners and businesses troubleshoot website issues that are preventing their website from being properly indexed and ranked by search engines.
A content SEO expert is someone who knows how to write content SEO content. They can write content for Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search engines. This is a must have skill, because it will help you to write better content, and to make your website more SEO friendly.
A distribution SEO expert is someone able to distribute your content to the right people. Like you product(s) -- if you think about the Marketing 4P -- this person will be able to distribute your content to the web (webmasters, journalists, etc.)
SEO Expert in my eyes
For me an SEO expert consist in understanding SEO in every part of it ... meaning understanding how to optimize content, how to optimize technically a website and how you must work on acquiring backlinks also.
Three big part that you should now - at least - and also, you can add the data part (data analysis) since a few years you cannot be a SEO expert, if you do not have an expertise in data: understanding it, knowing from where you can gather it, which data you can trust ... and mostly what decision you will take to go further in your SEO strategy thanks to data.
Let's summarize what is an SEO Expert
If you want to summarize it, there are 3 points:
- Tech SEO: indexation, site structure, interlinking ; how to have a better crawl from Search Engine Bots
- Content SEO: keyword research and how to write good content (content that drive traffic which will convert)
- Backlinks distribution (also known as off-site SEO): could be related to PR and also how to gain notoriety.
How Moz.com thinks about SEO
Moz.com on its part will summarize it in 7 points:
- Crawl accessibility so engines can read your website
- Compelling content that answers the searcher’s query
- Keyword optimized to attract searchers & engines
- Great user experience including a fast load speed and compelling UX
- Share-worthy content that earns links, citations, and amplification
- Title, URL, & description to draw high CTR in the rankings
- Snippet/schema markup to stand out in SERPs